Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Red Flags I Ignored or Didn't See

I feel stupid when I think about this.  But then I ask myself if trusting someone is such a bad thing to do.  Believing that someone says what he means and means what he says is not a character flaw.

I was hoodwinked.  Conned.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have bolted upon noticing the following RED FLAGS:

1.  He started talking about baby names after we had been together less than 3 months.
2.  We went from not even knowing each other to being seriously involved less than 1 month.
3.  He never spent time with any guy friends.
4.  He wouldn't talk on his cellphone around me.  He would ignore all calls until he was away from me.
5.  He claimed to be "just friends" with a former sexual partner.  Not a problem if both parties agree that they are "just friends."  Turned out, she had not been informed of this and thought they were still a couple, albeit a long-distance one, considering they hadn't seen each other in more than 7 months.
6.  When we first met and started dating, we both talked about how we weren't interested in getting married again or in living with anyone.  He started talking about marriage about a month later and actually asked me to marry him about a month after that.  I thought he was joking and laughed hysterically.  He wasn't.
7.  He told me he wanted to get me pregnant after about 3 months of knowing me.  And yes, "knowing" in the biblical sense too.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we learn best from our horrible mistakes?

    I dunno. I think it sucks that we feel responsible for being trusting when really the untrusty one should carry the burden.

    ReplyDelete