Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Trust and Communication" Email from 6/20/2011: Part 1

This one was after he had told me about going to the attorney during my surgery on 5/24/2011, and I told him that I didn't think we had any business being together.  This was before the separate bedrooms, so I started sleeping downstairs on a trundle bed in my oldest daughter's room. 


I suspect that you are already “done” with this relationship. And I cannot say for certain that I am not in complete agreement with you and therefore writing this email could be just my working through the K├╝bler-Ross cycle. But I do love you and I wonder if our problems are insurmountable? Of course the girls being in favor of a split does not help matters…not to mention making me feel very much like my sacrifices (which I consider to numerous and generous) went unnoticed and/or unappreciated. I routinely thought those sacrifices were underappreciated, but had chocked that up to kids will be kids. I am now seeing the unpleasant side to step-fatherhood.  [Chocked? I believe the term is "chalked."]
Anyway we got some big issues…trust (both ways) and communication (both ways). I think we could probably improve communication. Trust I am less sure about.

On the subject of communication there was something that bothered me about a conversation a week or two ago re: marriage consueling. You were very willing to place stipulations (man, PhD not social worker, non-Christian) on it, and quick to say you did not want to do the calling. So basically saying I should do the leg work (even though you were at home) and meet your conditions. My take away, while you said you were willing to go, the underlying message I received was one of you having very little interest.  [He cannot ever spell the word "counseling" to save his life.]


Anyway emotionally I am on a bit of roller coaster right now. A reply would be appreciated even if just to say you got this and read it


Talking Mask

PS: I looked at [Our Town] real estate listings and it is pretty grim. I saw one 5 bed 4 bath listed for 235,000...was [County-City area] so it wasn;t in our neighborhood exactly, but there was a 4/3 (different from [our address], but still a big one) for 235,000 in the [our neighborhood], which was descripbed as having upgrades beyond 113. If they list at 235,000 maybe they net 225,000 after closing costs. Commision of 13,500 leaves 211,500....if the get the 225,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment